Wednesday, March 15, 2006

torn nails

today we made vipers. they're so worthless and I hate them... but at the same time, I've really felt challenged lately to CHOOSE to have a good attitude. Goes right along with choosing to have a good day, and choosing to be positive. It doesn't come naturally. Naturally I'm a pretty terrible person. I guess seeing things in the biggest picture is important - from the perspective of God and the fact that how much money I made or whether or not I tore (not broke) a nail really doesn't matter. But what matters is that people walk away from spending a day with me and feel like they've seen a glimpse of Christ in me. That's what matters. That God would be proud that I bear his name when I say I'm a Christian.
So i need to forget my little problems and realize that my life is pretty much amazing and focus on the fun things that happen in a day.
And, for the record, burnt flesh really DOES smell (and taste) like mushroom soup. I gave myself a good shot with the hot pen by accident and put my finger in my mouth to cool it off and had new insights into the grey chunks of "mushrooms" Campbells uses. I bet there's a lot of fingerless employees in that factory...
see, one more reason to love God and the life you have! It could be imeasurably worse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home