Friday, January 20, 2006

dirty hands

hah, well here I sit at a public computer with filthy hands - but that's just b/c I just came from work... and I'm SOOOOO glad it's the weekend! woo hoo! two whole days where I don't have to touch fibreglass insulation!!! ah well.

hmmm I'm not sure I have that much of an update to talk about - especially since I can't remember what I wrote last time.
Yesterday I definately had a good time on my way into work as far as being totally honest with God about how I felt... I asked him what was big on his agenda these days (making conversation... I feel like I talk to him a lot and don't listen much). Suddenly I was blindsided by his answer when he said "you". Me? But he's got weather disasters and poor children and aids victims and world rulers to think about - but he's thinking about me. Funny - it's almost romantantic - but I almost started crying at work as I wrapped snakes and thought that with all that is on God's mind, I'm someone He takes time for. Wants to be with. I know he's God and can juggle half a million things like nothing, but still - I couldn't imagine him actually coming to work with me and standing in the snake shop helping me go faster. pretty amazing.

other than that, mostly I'm just living life. My sister in law and I were talking about doing what we don't have energy to do. Just making that decision. It applies in every area of life and challenges us - people so often live in perpetual exhaustion or laziness - but you miss out on SO much of life b/c of it. So I've decided to actually visit my friends and get involved in church and read books and DO things instead of telling myself I'm too tired. I still need to apply that to exercise, but then, I justify my lack of running by saying that each snake is 40 feet of walking... I made 132 of them today - do the math, that's a lot of walking!!

well anyway, I better head out. Talk to you all later!
shalom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home