Monday, September 26, 2005

exhaustion

seeping in on the corners of every part of my life is this horrible exhaustion. it's so intense. i called home and couldn't even really put words into a sentance and think of intelligent things to tell my mom. i'm at home right now and it all seems so weird. vti has a way of taking over life, and yet, it's an intense spiritual/emotional thing more than the physical.
if God has ever asked you to do something that makes no sense whatsoever, but the only way you can possibly have peace is when you do it, you'll kind of know what i'm feeling too. there's that in my life, and then i'm advising a team of 10 amazing and passionate young people who i love so much and it's been fantastic... but this last few days has been draining. apparantly discernment and prophecy are my gifts. that's been tough.
i also have no idea what this winter holds for me when i leave vti.
that's a bit of a stresser.
honestly, i have so little in me. i'm so tired and basically the only thing that can fuel me is time spent with God... the one thing that is so hard to do when all the physical things in life keep eating my time. my friend kat called me though and it was so encouraging. one, to hear there's still life out there beyond vti, but even more b/c it reminded me to MAKE time for God. unless we make time for what's most important, it's never going to just happen.
i'm learning a lot about relationships and counseling out here too. brutal! but i love it and i know it's such good experience. i feel terribly out of shape though. there's a bear running around in the bush out here, so i always wonder if i'm going to meet it... that could be fun.
anyhoo... i'll write again later. teaching puppetry has got to be one of the most hilarious jobs in the world. "king of the jungle baby".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home