Saturday, March 26, 2005

Tango Ambre

Wow, so here I am in Mexico!
Unbelievable ' in high school, I totally didn´t even consider learning Spanish because I, in my infinite wisdom, KNEW I wouldn´t be going to a Spanish speaking place ever! HA! Guess God showed me!
So i´ve been eating incredible food and soaking in the scenery here and slowly learning Spanish ' I´ve made some pretty funny bloopers already and I´m looking forward to making some more. Yesterday was orientation-practice and a hike (AMAZING!) and we prayed over Tepic... today we´ve done one program already and I´m about to head out for lunch ' this afternoon we have another program and yeah... It´s so awesome. I´m blessed beyond belief and so excited about God and more in love with Him than ever before... Imagine One so amazing that the moment we turn our eyes back to Him (no matter how unfaithful we are), He accepts us!
So I think I´ll come back here...
They´ve been joking about finding me a nice Mexican husband b-c yesterday I was trying tolearn how to say ¨´I´m hungry´and ended up mixing it up to say "I want a man"!!!! SKETCHY!!! Ah well. WE have a translator named Huio who is absolutely awesome, we´ve had such a great time with him and his wife!!! They´ve been teaching me some great Spanish and he´s been driving insanely, but it´s been great!
And to Matt and Scott who strung my guitar for me so many times... my e string broke on the plane, and so I had to learn to do it myself the first night home... after putting a hole in the back of it andmuch blood, sweat and tears, I finally asked the pastor here to help me out and he finished what I couldn´t do... maybe next time I¨ll do a better job!
Rock on everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home